Inquiry question: How can models that are used to explain projectile motion be used to analyse and make predictions?
● analyse the motion of projectiles by resolving the motion into horizontal and vertical components, making the following assumptions:
– a constant vertical acceleration due to gravity
– zero air resistance
● apply the modelling of projectile motion to quantitatively derive the relationships between the following variables:
– initial velocity
– launch angle
– maximum height
– time of flight
– final velocity
– launch height
– horizontal range of the projectile (ACSPH099)
● conduct a practical investigation to collect primary data in order to validate the relationships derived above.
● solve problems, create models and make quantitative predictions by applying the equations of motion relationships for uniformly accelerated and constant rectilinear motion
Extract from Physics Stage 6 Syllabus © 2017 NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA)