Perform a first-hand investigation to demonstrate the motor effect
- Use a wire on a sensitive balance in a magnetic field
- Zero scale with wire at rest.
- Run current through the wire in one direction to reduce weight and current in other direction should increase weight.
- Change shows a force is acting on the wire, demonstrating the motor effect
- Alternatively, use a loosely hanging wire in magnetic field and observe movement of wire when current is run through. This should change with direction of current, magnetic field and number of coils